background

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nursery and Week 32

Just finished week 32! Only 8 weeks left to go! That seems so soon and we are starting to get a little nervous for when Isla makes her arrival. I went to the doctor on Monday and everything seems to be going along just fine. Isla's heartbeat was strong and my blood pressure, weight, etc. was ok. The doctor confirmed that I passed my blood glucose test so I don't have to do the three hour one! It was a quick visit and now I have to start going every other week instead of monthly.

Sleep wise, things have not been going well. I am getting less and less sleep. It is just really hard to get comfortable. Even when I do get comfortable, it doesn't stay that way for long and I wake up. I did buy a new body pillow that has been helping. The latest one is the dreamgenie. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want a huge pillow that takes up half the bed. There are a lot of pregnancy pillows out there. I bought the Snoogle awhile back and it works ok, but I usually end up throwing it off the bed at some point during the night.


So for the nursery...


We put some finishing touches on the nursery this weekend. Here's a before pic when it was still our office (please excuse the mess).

Here are a few during pictures:









We used a bead board wallpaper and put up a chair rail that we painted to match the trim.


Here is the chandelier we purchased at Home Depot.



Furniture , Bona Vita Peyton Collection,purchased at Treasure Rooms and Kate bedding from Serena and Lily.


Door letters from Lynn's husband Kris!


Our project this weekend was the mirror and shelves. We found the mirror at Home Goods and the shelves at Lowe's. We painted them Laura Ashley Tulip to coordinate with the yellow fabric in the cornice (from a decorator here in NewTown: The Grateful Thread) and I think it turned out well.


The chair we ordered from Nebraska Furniture Mart. We still need some artwork and things for the shelves, but I think we've done all we can for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment