background

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

6 Weeks

Isla is 6 weeks old today. While it has been a long 6 weeks, it has also been wonderful. I will admit that those first three weeks were miserable. The lack of sleep was worse than I could have imagined and the post partum healing wasn't exactly fun either. However, it was really nice having my mom here the first week and Ryan's mom here the week after. It was a relief to be able to hand Isla off after nursing (which felt like all I was doing) so I could go back to sleep or get something to eat.

Each week has gotten better and better though. We are starting to get into a routine, although I'm still not sure where most if the days go. It's like I look up and it's 4pm and I didn't accomplish anything that I had planned. I've basically learned to lower my expectations and just try to get one thing done each day, but sometimes even that one thing doesn't get done. I do try and take photos as much as I can because I know it will go by so fast. Here are a couple...










A lot of times Isla wants to be held in the afternoon/evening or else she screams. So I bought the Moby which is basically just a really long piece of fabric that wraps around you and the baby so you can wear your baby. It is a little hard to get used to but it allows me to get some stuff done while still keeping her happy. I would recommend buying it from a store though so someone can show you how to put it on. I never thought of myself as the baby wearing type, but I've decided I'm whatever type will keep her happy and QUIET!

Isla also really likes her bouncy seat and I would like to hug whoever came up with that one! The jury us still out on the Mamaroo. Sometimes she likes it and other times she just fusses and kicks her legs until I take her out. Maybe she will like it more later on.

Here she is in the bouncy seat.



Overall things are going really well. Isla is doing well and seems to be pretty happy so that makes us happy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment