background

Friday, July 1, 2011

Isla's Arrival

On Tuesday June 7th, I started having contractions around 6am. Ryan and I debated on whether he should go into work, but we decided he would work in the morning and then go with me to my 1pm appointment. By around 8 I was thinking my water had broken. I called the doctor's office and from what they described I figured I might just not be able to control my bladder due to the contractions. We packed our bags and took them with us to the appointment. Well my water had broken so I was admitted to L&D around 2pm. I was only 2cm at the time but I knew they would want me to deliver within 24 hours due to my water having already been broken. I made it to 5cm before getting the epidural, but really the contractions never got to the point where they were unbearable. Getting the epidural was no big deal compared to the scary idea I had in my head. Once I had that, I really didn't care what was going on. It is amazing! It did slow down my labor though so I had to get pitocin to speed things back up. I started pushing around 5am and Isla was born at 6:24am June 8th weighing in at 7lbs and 5oz and was 20" long. She is perfect and has a full head of hair! She was so alert that first day and it was amazing to watch her take everything in.

I'll try to write more as I get time and will get all caught up (eventually)!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment