background

Thursday, December 8, 2011

6 months






While I was traveling for work, Isla turned 6 months old. I was gone for almost a whole week and this is the longest I have been away from her. It was difficult to not see her smiling face everyday and to give her hugs and kisses whenever I wanted. I did get to facetime with her several days and that helped. I have several trips this winter for work and I'm not looking forward to leaving her again:(

I noticed the other day that I still keep saying/thinking "I just had a baby". I guess I need a reality check that is has been 6 months. It still seems like we are trying to get in a routine or get a handle on having a baby. I guess that's probably how it will be from now on. It seems like whenever we get something down, it changes. I can't get over how big she has gotten. It's hard to remember how small she was when she was born.


At her 6 month check-up, she weighed 17.8 lbs and was 27 inches long. I'm surprised how "tall" she seems all of the sudden. Hopefully she will get her daddy's height and not be a shorty like her mom. Here's a picture of her at Thanksgiving with Grandpa and Grandma Siffring.





Isla loves the jumperoo! It keeps her attention longer than any other toy. Unfortunately, it also tends her get her systems moving and can be a bit messy!




She is sitting up on her own now and enjoys sitting and playing with toys. We couldn't get her to really sit for very long until we discovered the trick. We went to her daycare for a family night and they sat her down with a mat full of toys and she was perfectly content. We weren't giving her enough toys! Now we just load her up and she will play by herself for much longer. At the family night, Santa was there for pictures and she did great! She didn't have a care in the world and gave a big smile for the camera (as always). She is quite the ham!













No comments:

Post a Comment