background

Sunday, January 8, 2012

7 months

Isla is 7 moths old. I can't seem to keep up with blog in order to report all that she is doing now. She is reaaaallly close to crawling. She will use her arms to spin in a circle and will go backwards on her tummy. She can get up on her hands and knees but just sways back and forth at this point. She is definitely mobile though. I will put her on her owl mat with lots of toys and the next thing I know she is stuck under the TV armoire. I really can't take my eyes off her for a second now. She is basically all over the place. She want to grap everything in sight.



She is becoming a little more vocal now. She will say things that sound like hi or da da, but nothing for real yet. She is still usually her happy little self.


We finally stopped swaddling her. It worked well for so long and I was really hesitant about stopping, but it was a pretty easy transition. She was flipping over onto her stomach while swaddled, which made me really nervous. So now we just put her to bed and tuck a blanket around her. She immediately turns onto her side to fall asleep and eventually ends up on her stomach. We've been cluster feeding her at night in hopes that she doesn't wake up at 3am wanting to eat. Sometimes this works and other nights it does not. I still haven't quite figured out the trick. I'm wondering if she might be going through a growth spurt and is just hungry.


She is doing very well with her solids now. She gets them three times a day. Her favorite dinner time toy in the highchair is a wooden spoon. I think I will need to stock up on them. The first one I gave her was actually a very nice one from Sur La Table that ended up on the floor and chewed up by a certain small black dog that will go unnamed. We've been through most of the cereals, fruits, and veggies. I haven't given her meat yet b/c those just look disgusting. I'm not sure I can stomach spooning it out and feeding her!


She just loves all the pets. She lights up and smiles whenever she sees them. She does a good job of softly petting them while I supervise her.The dogs love the attention and the cats, at least Sashimi, tolerate her. Soju just runs away. I can't wait for her to be able to chase the dogs around and give them a taste of their own medicine.


Here's a picture of her first thing in the morning. We put her to bed with her hair still a little damp and this happened:







1 comment: