background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week 17




Since I missed last week, I will try to recap both weeks.

Baby

During week 16 the bones in the baby’s ears are developing along with the backbone and back muscles. The baby can hear what is going on in the world around him/her. Ryan insists on talking to the baby through my belly button. I think he is convinced that is a more “direct” way to talk to the baby. The baby can also hear the dogs barking and probably my cat, Sashimi, purring when she sits on top of me. I hope the baby gets used to the barking now so he/she will sleep through it later! I also can’t wait for the baby to start kicking and kick Sashimi while she is sitting on my belly. During week 17 the baby’s eyes can now perceive light and his/her fingertips are developing fingerprints. The baby is now the size of my open hand (around 5 inches) or about the size of a large onion.

Me

I’ve pretty much felt the same the past two weeks. A little tired with the activity of the holidays and traveling to see family. Physically, I’ve felt fine, but I have definitely been moody. Last week I was in a bad mood most of the week for no real reason. I don’t feel nauseous as much and have my appetite back. I’ve gained about 10 lbs so far, which the doctor said was right on track. I can still wear some of my regular clothes with the Bella band like the grey ones in the picture above. But they are getting tighter and tighter. I got several Motherhood maternity gift cards for Christmas so I think I will need to start spending those soon.

Workouts

I only made it to the gym twice in the last two weeks

1. ANGIE For Time100 Pull-Ups100 Push-Ups100 Sit-Ups100 Squats

I used the green band for the pull-ups, did push-ups on a bar, and subbed kettle bell swings for the sit-ups. This is one of those WODs that when I see it posted, I wonder how I will ever finish. Somehow with scaling and support of everyone at TNT, I always manage to get it done (eventually).

2. Row 5k for time – 29:50

I didn’t need to scale anything on this WOD. However, I tried to just take it slow. I know that I need to be able to talk during the workouts so I made myself stop and take breaks throughout. My goal now is to get up and work out in the mornings since I know I will not be able to leave work early enough to go to the evening classes. I’m hoping that writing it here will make me keep to it! It’s just so hard to get up at 5:30am when it is cold and dark outside…

No comments:

Post a Comment