background

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 18




The baby is now about the size of a sweet potato. The baby can yawn and hiccup, and his/her nervous system is continuing to develop. The baby’s hearing is also becoming more acute.


From what I’ve read, back pain can start kicking in around now, but so far so good on that one. I can tell that my back is starting to arch and my stomach stick out more though. The receptionist and my office finally just came out and asked if I was preggo. I should have said no ;) just to see how fast she could back track on that one! I can tell that I have more energy now which is nice. I would like to get a lot of stuff done before the third trimester when I’ve heard it will go away. We have purchased furniture for the nursery from Treasure Rooms in Chesterfield. If you are expecting, I highly suggest checking it out. They have the cutest stuff I’ve ever seen! I did get the nursery closet cleaned out and we purchased a closet organizer. I also purchased baby girl crib bedding because the set I liked was on sale. So I’ll have to wait two more weeks to see if I will be sending it back or not. I hope not! Some other exciting news, I’m pretty sure I felt the baby move this week. Friday morning as I was sitting at my desk I felt a little rumble, but my stomach didn’t hurt so I’m thinking it was the baby. This weekend I felt it again several times. Ryan also felt the slight movements even from outside my belly.


Well I actually made to the 6am class twice this week!


Wednesday WOD – Big Baller 3 Rounds for time 30 medicine ball cleans – 8lbs 30 wall balls – 8 lbs Last two rounds were 15 of each. – 15 min This really wore me out quickly. Squats have always been hard for me, but after only a few med ball cleans, my hips were really hurting.


Friday WOD 10 Rounds- 45 seconds on 15 seconds rest of double-unders. I still can’t do double-unders, but that has nothing to do with being preggo. I’m just completely uncoordinated. Luckily most of the other people in class were in the same boat. We practiced DU’s for 5 minutes and then just jumped rope for the WOD. I believe my highest in a row was 45. I still feel fine jumping, but I’m sure that will change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment