background

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 21



This week the baby is about the size of a large banana. The baby is also developing taste buds. She actually swallows some of the amniotic fluid each day so she tastes what I’m eating. I’ve read this can actually shape what she will develop a taste for later in life. So she will probably really like Oreos since I’ve been eating those quite a bit lately. She still has plenty of room to move around and has been doing just that. I can feel a lot of flutters lately, but still nothing from the outside. I know Ryan is anxious to feel her kick since right now I can only describe it to him when it happens.


We have been working on getting the nursery put together. So far we have painted the top part of the walls green, and Ryan has installed the chair-rail that will go above the bead board. My dad is visiting in a few weeks and he is going to help install and paint the bead board wallpaper. This past Sunday we made a trip to Kansas City to order a chair from Nebraska Furniture Mart and have lunch with Ryan’s sister and her husband. Normally we wouldn’t drive all the way to KC to order a chair, but Ryan promised me lunch at Blanc Burger in the Plaza! If you have the chance, you should go! It is awesome. They have gourmet burgers, cheese curds, and amazing truffle fries. Saturday night was Rochelle’s baby shower and it was a blast. I got a lot of cute ideas for my upcoming baby showers.


With my work schedule still being a little weird, I only got to the gym on Wednesday last week. This was the WOD: "Swingers"5 Rounds for Time25 KB Swings(53/35)25 MB Sit Ups(20/13) Since I usually do KB swings in place of sit-ups, Sarah suggested that I do push-ups on a bar instead and that worked out well. My arms felt like jello by the end, but I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment