background

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 20


Ok, I’m going to try to cram the last two weeks into this blog since I’m behind. I’ve been working some crazy hours at work lately. I think I’ve worked the past 14 days straight and usually 12 hours/day. So making it to the gym hasn’t really happened. I think I made it once in the past two weeks. I’m a little scared about going back because I know it will be hard, but I’m excited to have time to exercise because I feel so much better when I do.


We had the 20 week ultrasound scheduled for Thursday and of course we got over 8 inches of snow Wednesday night. It took over an hour to get there, but we made it to the appointment. However, the ultrasound tech did not. My doctor made it in so we had the regular appointment with her. I think she could tell that I might just throw a temper-tantrum in the office, so she did a quick ultrasound to determine the gender. It’s a GIRL!!! I am so excited! We were able to reschedule the ultrasound for the next day. I have to say it was really cool. They had a huge flat screen TV that you watched and since the whole thing was recorded, it could even be replayed like a DVR! I loved getting to see her move around, and she was even sucking her thumb at one point. Our ultrasound tech was worth waiting for. She would explain everything we were looking at and what she was measuring and why. She let us know that everything looks just like it should, and she didn’t see anything that was cause for concern. This was the best news we could have hoped for. The ultrasound tech also said that the placenta is basically sitting between the baby and my belly so it will be awhile before I feel any kicks. I’ve been pretty tired, but I think that has more to do with the long hours than with being pregnant. Other than that, I’ve felt pretty good lately. For those of you who need a fruit size comparison (MG), she is now about the size of a small cantaloupe with a crown to rump measurement of around 6 1/2 inches.


The one day I made it to the gym in the past two weeks:

1/12/2010 "Slam One Down"AMRAP in 7 min Slam Balls(20)

Pick the ball up just like a clean, keep back straight & show ears!

It’s been so long, that I had to look back on the website to see what the last WOD was that I did! This one didn’t seem so bad until I got into it. I get out of breath really quickly now and this took it out of me. I think I did around 75. Once I got tired, I would try to do 10 at a time and then rest for a few seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment