background

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 34 - Cankles and More!

6 weeks left and counting... Isla is now about the size of a pineapple and weighs around 5-1/2lbs. She has been very active this week. Her movements feel more like pushes and rolls than sharp jabs now. However, whenever she hits my ribs that is still a pretty sharp pain! I've been doing kick counts each day where I make sure she kicks or moves 10 times within an hour. She usually passes the test well before the hour mark, especially if I do it right after I eat.

Sleeping is still uncomfortable, but not as bad now that I have the new pillow. As the title of the post states, the cankles have arrived! Oddly enough, this was the one symptom that I was really hoping I wouldn't get. They have been coming and going for the past few weeks. The swelling would usually go down after I slept or elevated my feet. Nothing really helps now. It doesn't really hurt, but my feet feel tight and it just looks really gross. For anyone who doesn't know what cankles are, here you go...

I saw the doctor on Monday and everything went well. Isla's heartbeat was good and all of my stuff - weight, blood pressure, etc checked out ok. I have another appointment next Monday. On Tuesday night, I am taking a breast feeding class at St. Luke's. I'm hoping this will help mitigate some apprehension I'm having. I've read a few books, but it still seems very overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment