background

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 36







This pretty much sums up how I am feeling most of the time now... worn out. I had a doctor appointment on Monday and everything was good. I was tested for Strep B which about 1/3 of women have. I haven't received the results yet, but if I do have it I will need to take antibiotics while in labor. The doctor also checked to see if the baby's head is down and it was. Hopefully she stays that way for another month. I am feeling her movements more and more now. I can tell she is getting stronger and running out of room. She usually gets in several good shots to my ribs each day.

On Saturday we took an infant care class at the hospital. It was a pretty good class. The teacher hit on all the high points like swaddling, diaper change, baths, and infant CPR. I'm feeling a little more confident but still pretty nervous.

I think I've started to get the nesting bug. Today I packed a diaper bag, finally took some bottles out of the package so we can wash them, and we made a run to Target to pick up the remaining stuff we think we need. The whole plan in going to Target was to use our 10% off registry completion coupon, but of course I realized I left it at home as we got in line to check out! We also put together a diaper change caddy for the basement and a bath caddy. We plan on using the kitchen sink for the first few weeks while we are doing sponge baths. I've started to pack for the hospital. I have most of my toiletry items packed and I packed Isla's going home outfit, blankets, etc. I can't believe she will be here in a month. Even though it feels like I have been pregnant forever, it is still pretty overwhelming that soon we will be a family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment