background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 37


Well we are all still here! Honestly, it really would have sucked to make it through 37 weeks of pregnancy just for the world to come to an end. I would have been pretty pissed! We hit several big milestones this week. First, Ryan and I have been married now for 4 years. It is really hard to believe that 4 years ago we had just gotten married on Peter Island in the B.V.I. and our toughest decision was what cocktail to have next! Things have certainly changed. It's a little scary to think that our decisions now will affect more than just the two of us. Second, we made it to 37 weeks which means Isla is now considered full term and can be safely delivered any time now. Third, we made it to the three months that I needed to be at my current job in order to get the 12 weeks paid maternity leave! It is a big relief to have made it past that deadline.

Physically I'm pretty much feeling the same. My swelling hasn't gone down at all and I can't wait to have ankles again. I haven't had any contractions yet, not even Braxton Hicks ones. Any time I turn over or get up I usually make a noise and Ryan is on high alert as to whether it is a contraction. He says he is ready for Isla to come now. I'm not so sure. I think if she waits another 3 weeks that will be ok with me. It's still hard to fathom she will be here by then. That has always been something that will happen in the distant future and now it's more like the immediate future! Yikes! People keep asking if we are ready, which I guess we have all the stuff, but how can you really know if you are ready for something that will change your life so profoundly? But I guess, ready or not, here she comes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment